There are many reasons why Sandals resorts are so popular with honeymooners. First, these romantic getaways offer unparalleled all-inclusive luxury, providing couples with a stress-free and indulgent experience. Second, the exotic, picture-perfect locations across the Caribbean are almost too idyllic to seem real. Third, Sandals’ adults-only policy ensures a serene and intimate atmosphere, perfect for couples seeking privacy and romance. And last, there’s the endless array of activities, from spa treatments to water sports, that ensure honeymooners can custom-tailor their experience to suit their preferences, guaranteeing an unforgettable start to their lifelong journey together.
But once you start to do your research, you may quickly find that the number of room levels at just one Sandals resort will leave your head swimming, let alone trying to compare multiple room categories at multiple resort locations. So we turned to Certified Sandals Specialist Vicki Sneed of Vicki’s Travel Designs in Southampton Township, New Jersey, to help us figure out which room is the best for your honeymoon. According to Vicki, there are just three Sandals room levels you should be considering: Butler, Club and Luxury (entry) levels.
Sandals Butler Suites offer the highest level of service and the best accommodations on the resort. When staying in this room category, guests are assigned a butler team that is available to them 24/7. Your butler team will give you a cell phone to communicate with them and will also check in periodically to be sure there is nothing you need. Your butler team’s main goal is to provide you with personalized service. The butlers are trained to provide exceptional service and assistance, from unpacking and packing luggage to making restaurant reservations and arranging activities.
“The first time I told my husband we would have a butler for our stay, he was not happy,” admits Vicki. “He felt it would be an intrusive experience. This feeling didn’t last long at all. Now my husband doesn’t understand why we can’t always have a butler experience. A Sandals butler creates a very personalized experience based on your own preferences. For instance, I wasn’t interested in having my suitcases unpacked, but I did note that I loved a cappuccino when dressing for dinner. An hour before each dinner reservation, a hot cappuccino was always delivered to my room.”
Special Features of a Butler Suite:
- Personalized Service. You will be asked to complete a preference form prior to arrival to better prepare your butler for your upcoming stay.
- Priority Reservations. Your butler can make restaurant reservations, book spa treatments and arrange off-site excursions on your behalf, giving you priority access to the resort’s amenities. In Vicki’s experience, the butler does grab the best tables and restaurants.
- Enhanced In-Room Experiences. Each night, you’ll find some sort of special amenity in your room.
- Room Service. Your butler can coordinate in-room dining not just from the room-service menu, but any restaurant menu from the resort. They can also set up a romantic dinner right on your terrace or balcony. The Butler room category gives guests access to room service 24 hours a day.
- Beach and Poolside Service. Your butler can reserve beach or poolside loungers and provide you with towels, snacks and beverages to ensure your comfort. This is Vicki’s favorite amenity. “No need to wake up early and grab your pool or beach chairs,” she says. “You can lounge in the morning, knowing your chairs are waiting in the spot you requested.
- Special Occasion Celebrations. If you’re celebrating a special occasion, your butler can arrange surprises like romantic decorations, champagne and even a private dinner on the beach.
Note: Butlers and spa attendants are the only staff members that are allowed to accept tips at a Sandals resort. If you are looking for a vacation with a high level of service where you are completely spoiled, a Butler Suite is for you.
Room Level: Club
Club Level Suites are the next room category right below a Butler Suite. A Club Level Suite offers a concierge level of services.
Features of a Club-Level Suite:
- Club Sandals Lounge. You will have access to a private lounge area where you will check in and meet with your dedicated concierge who will assist you with any requests from dinner reservations, organizing spa or tour experiences.
- Access to Resort Amenities. Regardless of the room category, Sandals resorts provide access to a wide range of amenities and facilities. This includes features like multiple pools, water sports, fitness centers, spa services, entertainment and various dining options. By booking a Club Level Suite, you can still enjoy these amenities and the overall resort experience.
- Enhanced In-room Features. Club level suites enjoy room service from 7 am to 10 pm.
If you are looking for an upgraded level of service for your Sandals vacation without the additional cost of the Butler amenities, then a Club Level Suite might be for you. Many guests enjoy a split accommodation’s stay opting to have a Club Level Suite for part of their stay and then switch to a Butler Suite to end their vacation.
Room Level: Luxury Suite
The entry-level suite at a Sandals Resort is the Luxury Level Suites.
Features of a Luxury Level Suite:
- Affordability. If you’re working within a budget or prefer to allocate your funds toward other aspects of your vacation, such as activities or dining experiences, booking a Luxury Level Suite can be a cost-effective choice.
- Access to Resort Amenities. Regardless of the room category, Sandals resorts provide access to a wide range of amenities and facilities. This includes features like multiple pools, water sports, fitness centers, spa services, entertainment and various dining options. By booking an Entry Level Suite, you can still enjoy these amenities and the overall resort experience.
- Guests staying in a Luxury Level Suite do not have access to room service.
If you are planning on doing lots of excursions and don’t plan on being at the resort or room much, an Entry Level Suite might be the perfect fit for your Sandals stay. Vicki has had guests do a split accommodation’s stay opting to have an Entry Level Suite for part of their stay when they will be off the resort doing excursions and then switching to a Club Level or Butler Suite to end their vacation.
For More Guidance
The exact services and amenities provided at Sandals Resorts may vary based on the specific resort and room category you choose. To learn more about all of your options, a Certified Sandals Specialist like Vicki can guide you through all of these room levels. She takes the time to visit each resort and learns about each room’s location and amenities to share with her clients. Vicki’s Travel Designs is a Preferred Sandals Travel Agency and has a dedicated team at Sandals that they communicate with to ensure their clients are receiving the best tips and suggestions and to guide them in choosing the perfect room based on their preferences and budget. You can schedule a complimentary consultation with Vicki to learn more about a Sandals honeymoon.